Boys' Under 16s
The following sets out our plans for the upcoming season (2020/21). Obviously, in light of the ongoing response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have had a lot of restrictions placed upon us and will be taking extra measures to ensure the safety of all players. Unfortunately, these restrictions mean that places are limited, at least temporarily. Please read this carefully and follow the instructions if you are interested in signing up.
Junior Training will take place at Tresham College, Kettering on SUNDAYS from 4/10/2020.
Places are limited and priority will be given to existing members on a first-come, first-served basis and we are currently fully subscribed. This means that we cannot offer any places to anyone at this time but as "basketball for all" has been a central pillar of our club over the past several years, we hope to return to a situation where we can welcome new members.
If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please email Luke (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. We will advise anyone on the waiting list if a spot becomes available for them or when we are able to lift the restrictions.
A number of changes will be required this year which you'll be contacted about if you've reserved a spot:
- Instead of a weekly training fee, we will charge a monthly fee, payable in advance. For under-16's this fee will be £20. If you don't pay in advance we will give your spot for that month to someone else and if you can't attend sessions we will not issue refunds, although we will credit you against any future month's payment if sessions are cancelled or you miss sessions due to Covid-related issues.
- We currently aren't planning to play in any tournaments this season. As a result we are not going to charge an annual membership fee. However, each player will be required to register themselves with England Basketball for a one-off £8.50 fee and instructions will be supplied so you can be registered before you train with us.
- Nobody will be allowed to join both the under-16's and under-13's session.
- If anybody has a child with special requirements (medical or otherwise) please mention these when you first contact us about reserving a spot so we can address these individually.
- We will not be ordering or supplying any kits in the upcoming season. If anyone has paid for kit that has yet to be ordered or supplied, please contact Luke for a refund. We should go back to ordering kits next season if everything is back to normal.
There will also be a number of temporary changes to the sessions:
- Due to testing protocols we need everyone to arrive on time. Everyone will be tested with a temperature gun and required to complete a questionnaire before being allowed to admit the sports hall. Anyone arriving early will not be allowed inside until the session start time and anyone arriving more than 15 minutes late could be denied entry
- No non-players will be allowed in the sports hall or the corridor outside the hall for any reason. Parents or other family members can wait outside if socially distancing but we would prefer this be kept to a minimum.
- Each player shall be required to bring their own ball which will be disinfected on arrival. If players forget to bring a ball or do not have their own, we can supply, but would prefer to keep this to a minimum.
- We will be operating a zero-tolerance policies for disciplinary issues, including non-compliance of Covid protocols. Players will be expected to follow rules otherwise we will give your spot to someone else and you won't receive a refund for any missed sessions.
- Due to health concerns, Luke will not be able to coach the sessions but he will be on site to deal with admin and any queries. Hannah Valentine, the ladies team captain and girl's team head coach will be temporarily taking charge of the sessions themselves.
- The fire doors will be kept open throughout each training session and we will tweak the structure of the sessions in accordance with England Basketball guidance.